[Discover 60 Fun Family Activities that will help you connect and create beautiful memories with your family!]
Our kids want more than anything to connect with us. It's not about being the perfect parent or planning the perfect activities or outings, but instead, it is about staying present and having fun with your family that will create precious memories that will last a lifetime!
I am excited to share this guest post/collaboration with you from my friend, Poovanesh Pather, of familygrowthlife.com. Enjoy!
[Please Note: The following article may contain affiliate links. This means that Soul Care Mom may receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. Please see Disclaimers for more information. ]
Ready to discover activities your family will absolutely love?
But before we get to the list of activities, let’s start with a few often-overlooked basics to up the enjoyment for your kiddos and lessen your stress.
Making sure to do a little prep can help you and your kids avoid burnout.
Get Organized For Success
Gather Craft Supplies
If you’re not sure what supplies you need to keep on hand for crafts, check out this video for some inspiration.
Make a List of Local Activities
Look up museums, play centers, shopping malls and libraries for free activities for kids. Local newspapers and magazines often include family-friendly events. Put together a list of activities you know and love and some that you would like to try out.
Plan Ahead for Family Fun
Have 3 bags packed and ready to get going quickly.
- A change of clothing for each child and essential toiletries, including:
- A first aid kit. Add products for help with:
- A cooler with fruit, water, sandwiches, and other yummy snacks.
Check out the Free Essential Oils Course for Moms for tips on natural remedies for your first aid kit and immune-boosting snacks for your kids!
Now that you’ve laid the foundation for a memory-making fun, let’s take a deep dive into the activities for the whole family will love.
Here’s a List of Tried and Tested Fun Family Activities:
Backyard Fun for the Whole Family
- Create a Backyard Beach
- Have Water Fun with Sprinklers
- Hold a Family Campout
- Host a Drive-In Movie Night
- Have a Luau in the Backyard
- Plant a Herb Garden
- Make a Water Blob
- Water fun with a Slip and Slide
- Design an Obstacle Course
- Play Twister
Fun in the Kitchen
- Bake Cupcakes
- Make Dessert Pizzas
- Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Invent an Ice Cream Sandwich
- Make Popsicles
- Create an Original Ice Cream Flavor
- Cook up a Family Dinner
- Put Together a Unique Jamie Oliver Style Smorgasbord
- Make Lasagna Cupcakes
- Create a Stir Fry Buffet
- Go on a Bug Hunt
- Record your findings in a Bug Journal
- Visit a Nature Center
- Fly a Kite
- Spend the Day at the Beach
- Build Sand Castles and Pick Shells
- Have a Beach Barbeque
- Visit a Farmer's Market
- Go Fruit Picking
- Go for a Family Bike Ride
- Have a Picnic at the Playground
- Set up a Lemonade Stand
- Go Fishing
- Visit a Petting Zoo
- Go to an Amusement Park
At Home Indoor Fun
- Play Cards
- Learn Some Fun Magic Tricks
- Play Board Games
- Put Together a Summer Scrap Book or a Family Yearbook
- Make a Fort out of Cardboard Boxes
- Have a Movie Marathon
- Play Charades
- Choreograph a Family Dance Routine
- Play Kids Yoga
- Plan your Next Family Vacation
Crafty Fun at Home
- Personalize a T-Shirt
- Design a Family Vision Board
- Paint Your Very Own Pet Rock
- Make Bracelets and Necklaces
- Design Headbands & Other Accessories
- Build Your Own Clock
- Make Fun Dream Catchers
- Decorate Some Wind Chimes
- Make Unique Coffee Mugs for the Family
- Make Your Own Masterpiece Paintings
Educational Family Activities
- Visit a Museum
- Go to an Art Gallery
- Attend a Photo Exhibition
- Go to a Chess Competition
- Visit a Theater and Enjoy a Musical
Create Your Own Family Fun
Hope you enjoy these fun family activities. Be sure to grab your FREE Family Activities Checklist!
Pin this Soul Care Goodness for Later!